Once a year The Oakmont Group offers a 12 hour course called “Podcast Promotion Made Easy.” It will give you the strategy and tactics to transform your podcast.
When you finish the course, you will understand time-saving ways to promote your podcast. You will be more productive by using proven methods for promotion. If your company has invested in a podcast, deploying tried-and-true tactics will guarantee success for your podcast. Below is an outline of the topics:
Set the stage
- Market assessment | Total Addressable Market | Lifetime value of customer
- Competition. Tools to use to look at others in your market
- Self audit. What does your marketing matrix look like? How does your website stand up to scrutiny?
Order of Battle
- Appeal to the algorithm: keywords.
- Appeal to the human: images
- Show Notes: Structure | 20-point checklist | advanced promotio
- Email: value of a mail list | nurturing vs. selling | surveys & quizze
- LinkedIn: background & headline | appeal to algorithm | groups | structure of an update | 10 areas of LinkedIn profile
- Twitter: how to write a tweet | how often to Tweet | handling hashtags | profile
- Prelaunch, Launch, cadence
- Four ways to leverage quotes
- Mastering the interview
- Distribution grid: you & guest