Once a year The Oakmont Group offers a 12 hour course called “Podcast Promotion Made Easy.” It will give you the strategy and tactics to transform your podcast.
When you finish the course, you will understand time-saving ways to promote your podcast. You will be more productive by using proven methods for promotion. If your company has invested in a podcast, deploying tried-and-true tactics will guarantee success for your podcast.
Below is an outline of the topics:
Set the stage
1. Market assessment | Total Addressable Market | Lifetime value of customer
2. Competition. Tools to use to look at others in your market
3. Self audit. What does your marketing matrix look like? How does your website stand up to scrutiny?
Order of Battle
4. Appeal to the algorithm: keywords.
5. Appeal to the human: images
6. Show Notes: Structure | 20-point checklist | advanced promotion
7. Email: value of a mail list | nurturing vs. selling | surveys & quizzes
8. LinkedIn: background & headline | appeal to algorithm | groups | structure of an update | 10 areas of LinkedIn profile
9. Twitter: how to write a tweet | how often to Tweet | handling hashtags | profile
10. Prelaunch, Launch, cadence
11. Four ways to leverage quotes
12. Mastering the interview
13. Distribution grid: you & guest