John Gilroy is the managing partner of The Oakmont Group. He can help you launch and promote your company podcast.
John is an award-winning lecturer at Georgetown University. He has written 500 technology columns for The Washington Post. He appeared on the NPR affiliate WAMU 88.5 FM for 25 years. Also, he has recorded over 995 podcast interviews with millions of downloads.
- 7,000+ miles traveled overland in Latin America (one year residence in Brazil)
- 256 television appearances, including two years moderating “The Computer Guy Show.”
- 143 speaking invitations – everywhere from South Dakota to south Florida
- 47 articles for a wide variety of periodicals. Most recently for the HubSpot Marketing Blog.
- 39 number of years married / 3 children
- 12 companies dared to hire John — everyone from Lockheed Martin to Exxon Office Systems
- 12 job titles including English teacher, Bartender, Export Documenter, Expert Witness
- 4 times finisher in the Dwight Crum Pier-to-Pier Swim 2 miles #629 of 1300 (2022)
- 3 times finisher in The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim 4.4 miles 2:18 (2016)
- 2 gallon club for Inova Blood Donor Services
- 1 Master’s degree from Indiana University